Austin — The Ninth Annual Texas Community Music Festival kicks off Saturday, April 12, at Central Market North, 4001 N. Lamar, in Austin. And if you’re a fan of the classics, jazz and especially Afro-beat music, you’ve just GOTTA be there with us!
Saturday’s kickoff show begins at 11am with a program by the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble, host of the Texas Community Music Festival and the oldest community band in Austin.
The rest of the day looks like:
- 12:15 – 1:15pm — Hill Country Community Band (Marble Falls)
- 1:30 – 2:30pm — Austin Jazz Workshop
- 2:45 – 3:45pm — Central Texas Community Trombone Choir
- 4:00 – 5:00pm – Hot Club Soda
- 5:15 – 6:15pm — Bamako Airlines
- 7:00 -9:00pm — Kupira Marimba
Central Texas Community Trombone Choir and Kupira Marimba are first time performers at TCMF.
Texas Community Music Festival is Austin’s most diverse music gathering, now celebrating its 10th festival at Central Market North. The festival is sponsored by the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble and graciously hosted by Central Market.
Check the schedule page for a complete listing of all showtimes and performers!